Sunday, January 4, 2009

Christmas Presents Unwrapped, Part 1

Now that Christmas is all over and all of the presents have been unwrapped I can tell you all of the things I made (this was a very homemade Christmas). I will do this in a few smaller posts rather than one long post. This is Part 1 or things I made for my baby.

I already wrote about the giraffe scarf and rattles I made for my baby. He really loves those rattles! I also made him a stocking. I did a combination of different ideas to get what I wanted (and what my husband liked). I liked Martha's Felt Punched Stocking but my husband was not a fan of the 90-degree angle (I have to say that I agree now but I didn't really notice it until he pointed it out) so I traced the shape of a store-bought stocking that my eldest son has. The toe ended up being a bit long but it's all good. It was super easy. The felt was not strong enough after I punched the holes in it so I went back and added interfacing for stability (I had to re-punch my holes) so if you are going to do this either get stronger, more-expensive fabric or iron on interfacing before punching.

No comments: