Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Birthday Boy

My little 'lijah just turned one last Friday. The time has gone by so quickly. So, what do you give a one-year old who doesn't really care about presents? Not much. We gave him two things - a wooden snail pull toy (I am really into wood toys) and a handmade doll. I so loved my little Black Apple Doll that I decided I had to make one for my little babe. I made a few changes (or at least attempted) to make it more boy-like. I shortened the hair in the back and made the front more plain and simple (I like how the hair turned out). I attempted to make the body more rounded and less dress-like but once you get those fat little legs pinned on and try to sew it all together you are no longer in control. I also made him look like he is wearing pants by using corduroy (once a pair of my pants) on both the legs and body. I decided not to attempt hands and feet to match the skin so I just continued the shirt and pants the whole way.

Do you think I like the color combination?

2 comments:

Deb said...

So cute! I love it! How can our little boys be turning 1 already??!!

maryelizabeth said...

Happy birthday to Elijah! We got the shoes in the mail - THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!! THey are so unbelievably cute :) I will be getting back in the crafting spirit once things calm down a little bit :) I'm sure you understand! I want to send you some paper crafts (my preferred craft) but am just getting used to being a mommy!