Monday, December 22, 2008

Giraffe Scarf

I am done with Christmas presents! We didn't get the kids much but I made almost everything myself so it was a long process. I was way ahead of things before Thanksgiving but then Thanksgiving happened and I was suddenly way behind... I don't know what happened there.

For my baby I made a giraffe scarf. This I am very proud of (bear with me, I may say that about all of the stuff I made - it was a good year) because I came up with it all by myself. The only giraffe scarf I was able to find a picture of was totally different than what I was thinking so I just went for it. I crocheted the whole body with cotton yarn. For the spots I cut out random shapes from felt and sewed them on with embroidery floss. I made both sides the same so it was easier to sew the shapes on. Isn't it adorable!?

1 comment:

christi said...

It turned out so cute!!! The felt was such a cute idea. We are coming home soon so can't wait to see it in person.