Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Sleeping Bag

I have a lot of half finished Christmas presents but this is the first one that I have finished this year.













This sleeping bag is for my 7-year old step-daughter to replace her pink Princess sleeping bag that was transformed into wigs - by my son. How does a 4-year old even think of cutting open a sleeping bag, removing the stuffing, and squishing it together into wigs? Wigs!

I was able to use my seam ripper, the greatest tool ever, to save the zipper. To make the new one I bought a butterfly print fleece and a coordinating solid purple flannel (2 yards each). I didn't worry about stuffing it because it can't get that cold in Portland. I decided to dress it up a bit by adding a purple strip to the top. It didn't take very long once I gathered the courage to start (I was deathly afraid I would screw up because straight lines and I don't always mesh). I hope she likes it!

1 comment:

Marisa said...

I need some of your baby bibs for a boy-I'm not picky. Let me know how to order them from you.

Thanks!!!