Thursday, December 11, 2008

Merry Christmas!

I just finished my Christmas cards - making them that is. I am not much of a paper crafter although I would love to be. I was looking for something simple so I planned to use this pattern but I couldn't find a nice Christmas paper with something on both sides. What's the deal with that? So, after searching (not too hard mind you) I gave up and used things I already had. I like how they turned out. I bought two packs of blank cards and envelopes last year with the intention of using them to make cards but the motivation was not there so it didn't happen. This year, however, after moving half way across the country I forced myself to make some nice Christmas cards. This is what I came up with. I cut white cardstock down to 3.5" x 5" pieces, stamped & embossed them (the red and green stamps are glittery and the gold is smooth and shiny), and stuck them on the folded cards. Voila! See, I told you they were simple. I cut the paper yesterday while watching House on the internet (8 days after airing...) and I did the rest today while reading blogs and emailing my husband. Cheap, simple, and cute. That should be my personal motto...they could write that on my tombstone.










I haven't been blogging a lot lately but soon you will see why. I am in the middle of like 3 projects that I can't wait to finish and post! Check back, and tell your friends!

No comments: