Friday, December 5, 2008

Craft Fair

Today was my craft fair and I have to admit I am a bit disappointed. I didn't sell anything. There was a lot of ooohing and aaahing but no buying. I think a big part of the problem was that I didn't have a big selection of shoes and hats. I had three hats - one neutral and two for girls (now listed on my Etsy site) - and three pair of baby shoes - two girl and one boy (soon to be listed). The craft fair was in a hospital so by the afternoon I had people coming down and saying, "These are the ones they were talking about..." and "Oh, how adorable!" In addition, I was able to crochet one and a half hats so it wasn't a total loss. I missed being home with the boys, near my computer but it was quite nice to get away for a time and be able to just sit and crochet.

Next to me was a man selling pottery that he threw and fired himself. It was really great. He had mugs, bowls, vases, pitchers, bird houses, and lots of other fun little things. One of the things I considered buying was one of his small mugs. I thought it would be the perfect size for my five year old's hot chocolate. I decided that I would not buy one unless I made some money. That didn't happen but as I was leaving I just wanted to see how much they cost so perhaps I could buy one later. I picked it up to look at it and he gave it to me. And the one that matched it. I couldn't believe it! They are so great. The man's name is Bradley and he sells through Bradley Ceramics in Newberg, OR. If you are in the area, he has sales at his house twice a year.

So, overall the craft fair was fun and well worth the time and effort. I was able to hand out my card to a decent number of people and I was motivated to get some stuff finished and posted on Etsy.

No comments: