Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Cookies Anyone?

I am in "new toy mode" as my husband calls it. Last night I was surprised when a FedEx man knocked on my door with a KitchenAid in tow. I have wanted a KitchenAid ever since I killed my mixer last December making Christmas cookies (it was an accident, I swear). I have refused to buy a new hand mixer because I was holding out for a KitchenAid. That ment no cookies, no cakes, no cheesecake, no frosting...no fun. So, when the lovely new gift from my mom arrived last night I was more than happy. Surprisingly, I didn't stay up all night playing with it. I found it a good spot on the counter and went to bed.

This morning I woke up, got everyone ready and off to school and nap before I played. I broke out the cookbook and made some delicious 100% whole-wheat cookies (I am a whole wheat freak). I started out with Ginger cookies for my husband.
Then I made chocolate chip for my oldest.Don't they look scrumptious? I made a plate of each and surprised my husband and his co-workers and I made a plate for the new neighbors upstairs. I love to bake and even more than baking, I love to give away the things I make.

I have to admit I didn't do it all myself. I had a little helper.

2 comments:

Anne said...

just passing by and seen your blog. That's so funny, my Mom had gotten me a Kitchen Aid mixter for Christmas a few years ago. They are so nice aren't they? Isn't it neat with all the colors they come in? I like that blue color you have. I haven't seen that color yet. It must be new.

maryelizabeth said...

I am soooooo jealous. Any tips on how to kill a hand mixer? I've been trying to burn out the motor, but it's surprisingly impervious to the abuse! :)