Friday, October 17, 2008

Hats!

I have finally mastered the beast that is crochet hats. I am so excited to report that my hats transition cleanly from one color to the next and the tops are smooth and gradual. I was increasing too quickly and getting puckers in the tops. The hats looked fine on the head but when they were taken off the puckers were obvious. But no more! Here are some favorites:

Here is my attempt at taking pictures of a hat without a head. Not too shabby, I must say. I like the balloon idea to show the shape.

Here are earflap hats for girls and boys. I am particularly happy with the center of the flower.









I have also been able to make little crochet hats with brims. This one I made for my youngest son. I will have to admit I borrowed the color scheme from another website. Super cute. If only I could find a way to convince him to keep it on!

This one is just a simple beanie hat but with teddy bear ears.

2 comments:

maryelizabeth said...

Wow Nicole! They are super cute! I have finally bitten the bullet and signed up for crochet lessons at The Yarn Shoppe because all the books I have tried to self-teach are for right handers thus the pictures, for me, are all backwards. I look forward to having something neat to show you! :) In the meantime, I saw on a webwsite that you can crochet wool doublers for cloth diapers. Have you seen a pattern for this? They also had patterns for crochet wool cloth diaper covers. I want to make one that says "Dark Side" across the bum as Adam is a die-hard Star Wars fanatic. Just wanted to let you know how much I enjoyed this blog so far, can't wait to see more :)

Joni Wiedrich said...

I LOVE these hats! Any chance I could get you to share your pattern?? :)