Sunday, July 15, 2012

Quilt for a Girl


My oldest daughter recently moved up to a big girl bed and therefore needed a new quilt.  The backing is made from cotton flannel.  The front is made up of colorful squares and strips of white.  It is not noticeable on the picture but the white is white flowers on a white background.  The binding is just the white folded over to the back.  I accidentally cut too much off he corners when binding so I added triangles of white; it looks like I meant to do it.  The filling is two layers of cotton batting.  When sewing it together I made strips out of the blocks and sewed the strips together then sewed white strips down the long sides.  Once the top was assembled I quilted all of the layers together then bound the edges.  It was surprisingly quick.

No comments: